RE: how do I generate a reference to a DTD?

Got it! Thanks *very* much.

Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Brown [mailto:mike@skew.org]
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2000 7:26 PM
To: xsl-list@mulberrytech.com
Subject: Re: how do I generate a reference to a DTD?

hudgins, tom wrote:
> I'm trying to use XSLT (msxml3) to generate a wml file. I need to output a
> line like this
>
> <!DOCTYPE wml PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD WML 1.1//EN"
> "http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/wml_1.1.xml">

You do not construct the document type declaration in the result tree in
XSLT; you tell the XSLT processor that you would like it to emit it when
it serializes the result tree. All you have to do is add some attributes
to xsl:output. Consult the Output section of the XSLT spec for details
(don't worry, this section is pretty easily grokked)

http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#output