This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the pthreas-win32 project.
- From: Ramiro Polla <ramiro dot polla at gmail dot com>
- To: pthreads-win32 at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 13:09:58 -0200
- Subject: Winsock dependency.
A dependency to Winsock was introduced to pthreads-win32 in this commit:
2001-08-23 Phil Frisbie, Jr. <phil at hawksoft.com>
* tsd.c (pthread_getspecific): Preserve the last
winsock error [from WSAGetLastError()].
There was an unanswered reply that questions whether this was really necessary:
Does anyone have a reproducible testcase that triggers the error this
commit was supposed to fix?
I've tested on win98, xp and vista and I can't get GetTlsValue() to
touch WSA errors. The source code in Wine also only uses
SetLastError(), and not WSASetLastError().
If I understood correctly, this should only be a problem if the user does:
In the case where people check for errors right after calling a wsock
function this shouldn't be a problem, right?