This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the pthreas-win32 project.
Re: Default Stack Size 0??
- From: "Phil Frisbie, Jr." <phil at hawksoft dot com>
- To: "Siva Chandra" <sivachandra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "pthreads-win32" <pthreads-win32 at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 21:52:04 -0700
- Subject: Re: Default Stack Size 0??
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Windows a stack size of "0" means the size is inherited from the parent
On Tue, October 6, 2009 6:37 pm, Siva Chandra wrote:
> You can consider me to be a newbie to pthreads-win32. I downloaded and
> am using pthreads-2.8.0 static library and dll binaries with MinGW. I
> find the default stack size to be zero. Consider the code snippet
> pthread_attr_t attr;
> size_t defStackSize;
> pthread_attr_getstacksize(&attr, &defStackSize);
> cout << "Default stack size = " << defStackSize << endl;
> The above code prints 0! Does this mean that I cannot use the default
> attributes in most but the simplest of my application??
> Thanks and regards,
> Siva Chandra
Phil Frisbie, Jr.