This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [2.23 PATCH] Desupport regexp.h (bug 18681)
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Zack Weinberg <zackw at panix dot com>, Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 10:51:46 -0400
- Subject: Re: [2.23 PATCH] Desupport regexp.h (bug 18681)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150805152109 dot 2FDA114B9A at panix1 dot panix dot com> <mqs78o$a16$1 at ger dot gmane dot org> <55D1E207 dot 30203 at panix dot com> <20150817135629 dot GE1584 at vapier> <CAKCAbMhzyp8gTcn073+a7R7Hgz3t=ntYKouWH-AfhWPr8OnQqQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <mvm8u9aezn8 dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <CAKCAbMhw=fF1w5z7nCKurVMcX+g2DJcFETaJ66tTFsLB=gs0iQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <55D1FDAE dot 6000000 at panix dot com> <20150818132933 dot GH1584 at vapier>
On 08/18/2015 09:29 AM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On 17 Aug 2015 11:28, Zack Weinberg wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 11:08 AM, Zack Weinberg <email@example.com> wrote:
>>> Just now I did this again and also ran `git clean -dxf` in the source
>>> tree (which deleted only editor backups) and -- this is a little weird
>>> -- it compiles without complaint, but the VERSION_libc_GLIBC_2_xx
>>> #defines in abi-versions.h only go up to 2_22.
>> I take that back. I *am* getting the same warning as Stefan, it just
>> didn't cause a build failure and scrolled off the top of my terminal.
>> The misc/Versions change suggested by Mike does cure the problem, so
>> here is a properly formatted patch.
> thanks, merged now
Could one of you please update "Packaging Changes" for 2.23 to indicate
exactly what happens if you use the header and how distributions should
change their packages? The more detail the better, but if all we can say
is "You need to from this API to that API," that's fine also. Some record
of this requirement is important.