This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [2.23 PATCH] Desupport regexp.h (bug 18681)
- From: Zack Weinberg <zackw at panix dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 11:08:19 -0400
- Subject: Re: [2.23 PATCH] Desupport regexp.h (bug 18681)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150805152109 dot 2FDA114B9A at panix1 dot panix dot com> <mqs78o$a16$1 at ger dot gmane dot org> <55D1E207 dot 30203 at panix dot com> <20150817135629 dot GE1584 at vapier> <CAKCAbMhzyp8gTcn073+a7R7Hgz3t=ntYKouWH-AfhWPr8OnQqQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <mvm8u9aezn8 dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de>
On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 10:51 AM, Andreas Schwab <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Zack Weinberg <email@example.com> writes:
>> Do you mean like this? I can't test it as the problem is invisible to me.
> Are you building from a clean tree?
Yes, I have erased the entire build directory and re-run configure
several times during testing of this patch. It didn't compile till
Carlos cut the 2.22 branch but then it magically started working, so I
assumed that the release process did whatever was necessary.
Just now I did this again and also ran `git clean -dxf` in the source
tree (which deleted only editor backups) and -- this is a little weird
-- it compiles without complaint, but the VERSION_libc_GLIBC_2_xx
#defines in abi-versions.h only go up to 2_22.
I'm using gcc 5.2 (because Debian's 4.9 refused to compile the library
last month, with errors I didn't bother digging into), is that