This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] stdio gdbserver
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: dje at google dot com (Doug Evans)
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2011 09:35:05 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFA] stdio gdbserver
- References: <20111201212632.E6F892461D0@ruffy.mtv.corp.google.com>
>>>>> "Doug" == Doug Evans <email@example.com> writes:
Doug> This patch adds stdio support to gdbserver.
Doug> It's a revamp of a patch I submitted a fair while ago.
Doug> E.g. target remote | ssh hostname gdbserver - hello
Doug> Ok to check in?
I read the patch, and it seemed reasonable to me; but I don't know
gdbserver very well.
I like this idea though.
Doug> I also have a board description file akin to native-gdbserver
Doug> that lets me run the testsuite with it.
Doug> I'll add that to the wiki alongside the one for native-gdbserver
Doug> after this goes in.
Can we check it in?
It seems to me that there are a few board files like this that are
fairly generic and that would be beneficial to have right at hand.