Please generate a crontab for <administrator> using 'crontab -e',
and run this script again.

The version of cron we have is:
# (Cron version -- $Id: crontab.c,v 1.7 2003/04/15 15:13:41 corinna Exp $)

The error that appears in the Event Viewer when trying to run the service is:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: cron
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date: 9/8/2004
Time: 2:36:16 PM
User: <Server Name>\service_cron
Computer: <Server Name>
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( cron ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: cron : PID 2332 : starting service `cron' failed: execv: 128, Transport endpoint is not connected.

We've created a custom local user account called service_cron and gave it the following permissions:
- SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege
- SeCreateTokenPrivilege
- SeIncreaseQuotaPrivilege
- SeServiceLogonRight
and installed the cron service as this user, but we were not able to start the service.

Then we removed the cron service and re-installed it under the Local System user account, at which time we were able to start the service, but are now getting the error listed above when the scheduled task(s) is run.

Let me know if any more information is needed.

Thank you,

~ Anna