Re: crossbuild cygwin-1.7.6-1 on linux x64

Corinna said:
And it's quite funny, considering that the Red Hat dept I'm working for
spends most of its time creating and maintaining cross build tools.

Funny this came up. I just spent some time last weekend *trying* to construct a linux->cygwin cross compiler environment (based on Dave's recent native gcc-4.5.0 release). Unfortunately I failed: C progs seem to work ok, but C++ ones do not.

Is there any documentation about the Right Way to set up a cygwin cross environment? I've attached a log of what I did (but, it *does not work* so, for the archives, don't do it this way). Anything obviously wrong jump out? OR, should I move this discussion to the main list?

--
Chuck