This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [patch] Prevent the linker from crashing.
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <dan at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Kazu Hirata <kazu at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, joseph at codesourcery dot com
- Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 16:25:23 -0400
- Subject: Re: [patch] Prevent the linker from crashing.
- References: <200609081845.k88IjCGL016950@sparrowhawk.codesourcery.com>
On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 11:45:12AM -0700, Kazu Hirata wrote:
> Attached is a patch to prevent the linker from crashing. References
> to TLS symbols are discarded from the --just-syms file; other
> references should resolve normally.
> Tested on powerpc. OK to apply?
> Kazu Hirata
> 2006-09-08 Daniel Jacobowitz <email@example.com>
> * elflink.c (_bfd_elf_merge_symbol): Discard references to TLS
> symbols from the --just-syms file.
OK, and thanks for submitting. I'll self-approve this because I can't
see any way it could be worse than the current state.