Meetings and Minutes
This page contains information relating to the SystemTap Beginner's Guide project.
No upcoming meeting set as of yet.
Resolutions: - Estimated time of launch for first book is in sync with RHEL5.3 (Jan 2009) - Documentation will focus on usage of SystemTap for RHEL5.x (as opposed to FC) - Don Domingo will only be able to commit 60% to project for the next 6 weeks - handoff of existing workload is underway Action Items for ECS: - develop project plan (Phase 1) - study existing SystemTap docu - study dtrac documentation - provide links to use of Publican to !SystemTap team Action Items for SystemTap Team: DONE - provide all existing !SystemTap documentation - provide list of any needed training for Don (e.g. GLS classes, if any) - provide upstream location of code (where documentation XML source can be repo'd)
Resolutions: - needed: split project deliverables into 2 documents, "Advanced" and "Beginner's" guide - wcohen et al to provide: content (tasks/problems, scripts, description) for "Beginner's guide" Action Items for ECS: DONE - provide links to use of Publican to !SystemTap team - continue studying existing documentation of Solaris's Dtrace and SystemTap - submit Information Plan next week Action Items for SystemTap Team (outstanding): - provide upstream location of code (where documentation XML source can be repo'd)
- August 21, 2008 (9am US PDT)
- discussed draft TOC and schedule - walkthrough of SystemTap setup, cross-compiling - discussed repo to be used, Publican toolchain, final outputs - wcohen provided several links for preset systemtap script libraries Resolutions: - Docbook XML source of Beginner's Guide will be housed in Systemtap's GIT sourceware repo - same source will be used for both RHEL and Fedora versions of book - final output will be RPM built thru Publican toolchain - posted schedule of development and delivery Action Items: - finalize and sign-off on schedule and TOC - provide ddomingo with access to repo to check in Docbook XML source - finalize who will be ddomingo's primary contact Sept 5-30
- August 28, 2008 (9am US PDT)
- ddomingo gets access to git, pushes XML source in (with help from wcohen)
- September 11, 2008 (9am US PDT)
- clarified nomenclature for "probes", "events", "handlers" - clarified content for "Introduction" ("Advantages of SystemTap") - clarified "functions" - received feedback on initial go of document - notified: ddomingo on RHEL release notes duty next week