Problem compiling new version of ai_plan_research
Lincoln Peters
sampln@sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 8 01:51:00 GMT 2004
I think that I almost have a preliminary version of the improved
ai_plan_research function. My new version assigns value to each
available advance as follows:
1. Add 1 to its value per unit that the advance enables.
2. If it multiplies production of any material by a value greater than
1, add the multiplier to its value.
3. If it multiplies production of any material by a value less than 1,
subtract the reciprocal of the multiplier to its value.
4. If it adds production of any material to units, add that number to
the its value.
(I have not tried to make it consider the time to research because I
have not yet delved deep enough into the kernel to add the required
statistical code.)
However, once I worked out all (most?) of the bugs I'd inevitably
introduced to ai_plan_research in the process of re-writing it, I got
the following error at the end of the "make" process:
gcc -o xconq -g -O2 -ansi -pedantic -g -DHAVE_ACDEFS_H -I. -I./.. -I./../kernel -I./../missing -I/usr/include/tcl8.4 -I/usr/include/tcl8.4/tk-private/generic -I/usr/X11R6/include -L/usr/X11R6/lib tkunix.o ./libtkui.a ./libtkimf.a ../kernel/libconq.a ../kernel/libconqlow.a ../missing/libmissing.a -lXext -lXmu -lX11 -L/usr/lib -ltcl8.4 -L/usr/lib -ltk8.4 -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11 -ldl -lpthread -lieee -lm -ldl
../kernel/libconq.a(ai.o)(.text+0x4771): In function `ai_plan_research':
/home/lincoln/Projects/xconq/xconq/kernel/ai.c:1840: undefined reference to `net_side_research'
../kernel/libconq.a(ai.o)(.text+0x4798):/home/lincoln/Projects/xconq/xconq/kernel/ai.c:1805: undefined reference to `ua_advance_needed_to_build'
../kernel/libconq.a(ai.o)(.text+0x47aa):/home/lincoln/Projects/xconq/xconq/kernel/ai.c:1810: undefined reference to `ua_advance_multiply_production'
../kernel/libconq.a(ai.o)(.text+0x47b9):/home/lincoln/Projects/xconq/xconq/kernel/ai.c:1811: undefined reference to `ua_advance_multiply_production'
../kernel/libconq.a(ai.o)(.text+0x47c8):/home/lincoln/Projects/xconq/xconq/kernel/ai.c:1816: undefined reference to `ua_advance_add_production'
../kernel/libconq.a(ai.o)(.text+0x47ed):/home/lincoln/Projects/xconq/xconq/kernel/ai.c:1812: undefined reference to `ua_advance_multiply_production'
../kernel/libconq.a(ai.o)(.text+0x4802):/home/lincoln/Projects/xconq/xconq/kernel/ai.c:1813: undefined reference to `ua_advance_multiply_production'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [xconq] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/lincoln/Projects/xconq/xconq/tcltk'
make: *** [all-tkconq] Error 2
It looks like I am unable to access the functions that I need to
determine the value of an advance!
---
Lincoln Peters
<sampln@sbcglobal.net>
I want to be the white man's brother, not his brother-in-law.
-- Martin Luther King, Jr.
More information about the Xconq7
mailing list