time.g weirdness
Hans Ronne
hronne@comhem.se
Thu Aug 12 18:15:00 GMT 2004
>On Thu, 12 Aug 2004, Hans Ronne wrote:
>
>> I would modify that to say that either move or volume restrictions, but not
>> the wreck-unit code, should be used to limit access. And I would in fact
>> recommend volume restrictions to somebody who is writing his first game,
>> since they are less likely to produce unexpected results (like the one we
>> are discussing). Move restrictions are more versatile, but also trickier to
>> use.
>
>You now seem much more comfortable with the volume restrictions
>than you did a year ago. I guess haven't found any good volume
>checking bugs in a while. ;-)
Well, volume checking is a problem for anyone who is writing kernel code.
But to a newbie game designer, volume restrictions are easier to use. That
was my whole point. No need to worry about border slides, ferry costs etc.
Hans
More information about the Xconq7
mailing list