IMFApp Office

Eric McDonald mcdonald@phy.cmich.edu
Wed Aug 11 17:00:00 GMT 2004


On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, Hans Ronne wrote:

> I noticed this. I would say that what really happens is that those units
> (not all of them) that have an 8x8 image for some reason is using it at
> 16x16 magnification, too, instead of scaling down the 32x32 image. 

Really? At least in my closeups, it appeared that the top left 
corner of the 44x44 was appearing unscaled, and with the 
transparency colors unsuppressed) in the "16x16" (22x24?) view 
box.

>I don't
> think IMFApp is to blame for this, but rather the general image scaling
> code (best_image) which is used by both Xconq and IMFApp. It is unusal to
> provide 32x32 and 8x8 images, but not 16x16, so the code may get confused.

Then this is even more bothersome to me, because I would like to 
provide an actual family of images which have distinct images (but 
same name) for each view size, and if the code that handles this 
is used in Xconq, then things could get ugly.

Eric



More information about the Xconq7 mailing list