annoying new bug in movement
Eric McDonald
mcdonald@phy.cmich.edu
Tue Dec 23 04:54:00 GMT 2003
Hi Lincoln,
On Mon, 22 Dec 2003, Lincoln Peters wrote:
> I just tested the new patch with bolodd2.g, and found that, although an
> ACP is no longer burned when a move action fails, I still get an error
> when I try to make a naval unit move into water:
>
> Your 1st boat was unable to perform requested move to 30,13
That is the error notification that I added to the code.
As I mentioned, but perhaps was not clear, I made no serious
attempt to isolate the underlying problem. My "fix" was just to
deaden the pain somewhat.
I don't really feel responsible for this bug (aside from checking
in the patch (from someone else) that likely introduced it), and
thus am not feeling highly motivated to fix it at this point.
> Your 1st boat can never do this!
I think my error message is more descriptive. :-)
> It would seem that a bug still exists somewhere in the pathfinding
> code...
Yes. Or more generally, the movement code.
Eric
More information about the Xconq7
mailing list