Reduced Visibility Table?

Eric McDonald mcdonald@phy.cmich.edu
Tue Dec 2 04:04:00 GMT 2003


Hello,

On 1 Dec 2003, Lincoln Peters wrote:

> > enemy units in the same cell?
> 
> You can make any unit exert zero ZOC (Zone of Control). 

I thought it was -1 to make a unit exert only ZOC over itself, and 
0 to make it exert over its cell. I use -1 ZOC in Bellum to create 
the very effect Elijah is asking about.

> However, the
> last time I looked at games that used this (which was before the new
> pathfinding algorithm was introduced), units still tried to go around
> invisible enemy units with no ZOC, even though they could not
> theoretically see those enemy units!

And I have seen cases where an undiscovered unit that could 
normally be attacked by the unit trying to enter its ZOC instead 
simply blocks the entering unit rather than starting combat with 
it. I think this is a bug, and it is on my list of things to do.

Eric



More information about the Xconq7 mailing list