your CVS and testing culture?
Brandon J. Van Every
vanevery@indiegamedesign.com
Wed Nov 12 00:59:00 GMT 2003
Andreas Bringedal wrote:
>
> Particulary the city hex where every unit is attempted to be
> displayed are
> horrible. It should instead have a small window in the lower
> area of the
> map where everything inside the city are displayed.
Andreas, I agree with most of your comments about UI design. UI is the
first thing the newbie experiences, and if it's not good UI, the newbie
is quickly turned off. Then you don't have growth of the Xconq player
or developer base. I'd be interested in contributing to "better UI"
because speading up 4X games is my primary agenda as a game developer.
I haven't looked at the SDL client yet, but I will shortly. I think
messing with Tk is probably a dead end.
Cheers, www.indiegamedesign.com
Brandon Van Every Seattle, WA
Taking risk where others will not.
More information about the Xconq7
mailing list