Next release date and also improving unit route selection

Ed . epo001@hotmail.com
Tue Jul 3 07:43:00 GMT 2001

Hi,

Just found xconq and installed it on my Red Hat system, as an old
afficionado of Empire Deluxe (found v3.12 in a charity shop early last year)
I'd be quite keen on improve on the empire scenario to make it more faithful
to the original (except for the AI of course, I don't have the strategy
guide). Is anyone already working on this?

A particular problem with the game engine itself is moving a unit between
distant points, xconq will not take the shortest route or even attempt to
take a possible non-straight-line route. E.g. armoured units may need to go
to one particular side of a mountain range to reach a distant city. Empire
deluxe makes a good job of this particular manoeuvre. Is anyone looking at
this? Is it a viable problem for an xconq newbie to tackle?.

Ed