Split the Xconq Manual?

Stan Shebs shebs@cygnus.com
Mon Jun 30 20:06:00 GMT 1997

I've been concerned about the collision of two trends - the often-expressed
need for more documentation, and the increasing size of the Xconq manual,
now closing in on 400 pages.  Although it is possible to produce a
players-only manual, it takes some additional trouble, and people who
already have a players-only manual will effectively get another one when
they go to print the full manual.

So I've been thinking about splitting the manual permanently into two
separate manuals, a player's manual and a designer's manual.  For you
oldtimers, that was how Xconq 5.x did it, and nobody seemed to mind.
I forget why merging the two into one seemed like a good idea...

Anyway, I'd like to hear what's you and your site's players think about
the idea.  Wouldn't be too hard, could easily do for 7.2.

							Stan