stap --dyninst with C++ applications

Siva N harnan@outlook.com
Tue Nov 10 20:19:21 GMT 2020

Hi,

I am curious to understand how C++ object arguments are handled with USDT.

I have a C++ application. I have added probe points using the DTRACE_PROBE[n] macro. If I pass a reference/pointer to a C++ object as one of the arguments, I wonder how one accesses this inside the probe handler. I could treat the argument(s) as a void pointer, and if I managed create the actual C++ object layout, I guess I could access the data. But I was wondering if there were any other suggestions or examples.

Thanks!