trouble with installation of systemtap3-0 on Ubuntu 14.04

Arkady larytet@gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 18:02:00 GMT 2017


I am doing
arkady@ubuntu:~/systemtap-3.0$ PKG_CONFIG=/usr/bin/pkg-config
./configure  --prefix=/home/arkady/systemtap/

I had to define PKG_CONFIG=/usr/bin/pkg-config  because otherwise
./configure failed to discover json-c and ncurses.

I attached the output of the ./configure

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 6:28 PM, David Smith <dsmith@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 01/27/2017 10:00 AM, Arkady wrote:
>> I tried to figure out how to patch the Makefile and I could not figure out.
>> I would appreciate any tip.
>> Thanks.
>
> I don't really see how your Makefile got in that state. In my
> staprun/Makefile, I see this:
>
> am__append_7 = $(jsonc_LIBS) -lpanel $(ncurses_LIBS)
>
> But in your link line '-lpanel' didn't appear at all. How did you run
> configure?
>
> --
> David Smith
> dsmith@redhat.com
> Red Hat
> http://www.redhat.com
> 256.217.0141 (direct)
> 256.837.0057 (fax)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: configure.log
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 8922 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://sourceware.org/pipermail/systemtap/attachments/20170127/b62996f6/attachment.obj>


More information about the Systemtap mailing list