missing sytemtap kernel.trace("net*") on newer Fedora kernels
Josh Stone
jistone@redhat.com
Wed Jun 11 23:04:00 GMT 2014
On 06/11/2014 02:33 PM, William Cohen wrote:
> I was looking at the perf netdev-times script:
>
> http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/tools/perf/scripts/python/bin/netdev-times-record
>
> Which uses the following perf tracepoints:
>
> #!/bin/bash
> perf record -e net:net_dev_xmit -e net:net_dev_queue \
> -e net:netif_receive_skb -e net:netif_rx \
> -e skb:consume_skb -e skb:kfree_skb \
> -e skb:skb_copy_datagram_iovec -e napi:napi_poll \
> -e irq:irq_handler_entry -e irq:irq_handler_exit \
> -e irq:softirq_entry -e irq:softirq_exit \
> -e irq:softirq_raise $@
>
>
> On the rhel7 kernel all of the tracepoints are available, However,
> on Fedora 20 none of the kernel.trace("net*"), kernel.trace("*skb*"),
> or kernel.trace("napi_poll") tracepoints are there.
>
> Has anyone else noticed the missing tracepoints on Fedora 20?
I see all of these on kernel-3.14.5-200.fc20.x86_64.
You can see all the gory tracepoint-detecting details from your listing
with "stap -vvvv --poison-cache ...". For instance, napi_poll should
come from include/trace/events/napi.h. On my system it finds that
header under both /lib/modules and /usr/src/debug, but I even tried
moving the debug tree aside, and it still found the tracepoint.
More information about the Systemtap
mailing list