problems with sched tapset on ubuntu precise 3.2.0
David Smith
dsmith@redhat.com
Mon May 13 21:21:00 GMT 2013
On 05/08/2013 09:56 AM, Thiago Manel wrote:
> David,
>
> The first check indicates the kernel was compiled correctly
> (CONFIG_TRACEPOINTS=y)
>
> cat /boot/config-`uname -r` | grep TRACE
> CONFIG_STACKTRACE_SUPPORT=y
> # CONFIG_RCU_TRACE is not set
> # CONFIG_TREE_RCU_TRACE is not set
> CONFIG_TRACEPOINTS=y
> CONFIG_HAVE_ARCH_TRACEHOOK=y
> CONFIG_CAN_PM_TRACE=y
>
> I also run the new schedtimes.stp, unfortunately I faced the error you
> said, it was not able find the args ...
>
> semantic error: not accessible at this address (0xffffffff81659cc6,
> dieoffset: 0x7bd1ea): identifier '$prev' at :35:18
> source: previous_pid = $prev->pid;
>
>
> I will downgrade to a 2.* kernel, thanks for the helping anyway.
I've had another thought here. It could be that the tracepoints are
there, but systemtap is having trouble finding them. On my system
(3.8.11-200.fc18.x86_64), here's what the following command returns:
# fgrep __tracepoint_sched /proc/kallsyms
ffffffff81cc86e0 D __tracepoint_sched_pi_setprio
ffffffff81cc8720 D __tracepoint_sched_stat_runtime
ffffffff81cc8760 D __tracepoint_sched_stat_blocked
ffffffff81cc87a0 D __tracepoint_sched_stat_iowait
ffffffff81cc87e0 D __tracepoint_sched_stat_sleep
ffffffff81cc8820 D __tracepoint_sched_stat_wait
ffffffff81cc8860 D __tracepoint_sched_process_exec
ffffffff81cc88a0 D __tracepoint_sched_process_fork
ffffffff81cc88e0 D __tracepoint_sched_process_wait
ffffffff81cc8920 D __tracepoint_sched_wait_task
ffffffff81cc8960 D __tracepoint_sched_process_exit
ffffffff81cc89a0 D __tracepoint_sched_process_free
ffffffff81cc89e0 D __tracepoint_sched_migrate_task
ffffffff81cc8a20 D __tracepoint_sched_switch
ffffffff81cc8a60 D __tracepoint_sched_wakeup_new
ffffffff81cc8aa0 D __tracepoint_sched_wakeup
ffffffff81cc8ae0 D __tracepoint_sched_kthread_stop_ret
ffffffff81cc8b20 D __tracepoint_sched_kthread_stop
Can you try that on your 3.2.0 kernel?
--
David Smith
dsmith@redhat.com
Red Hat
http://www.redhat.com
256.217.0141 (direct)
256.837.0057 (fax)
More information about the Systemtap
mailing list