Unknown symbol error using stap in RHEL 5.4
Josh Stone
jistone@redhat.com
Thu May 13 16:54:00 GMT 2010
On 05/12/2010 03:48 PM, Maynard Johnson wrote:
> This looked suspiciously like the problem reported in
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=499677. But I tried
> 'rmmod uprobes', "make -C /usr/share/systemtap/runtime/uprobes
> clean", and "rm -rf ~/.systemtap", but was not able to clear the
> problem. I noted that the systemtap level was 1.1-3, which is
> different from a fresh RHEL 5.4 install. So I tried uninstalling
> systemtap and installing the 0.9.7-5 rpm from the install DVD, but
> that didn't clear the error either. As a sanity check, I did a fresh
> install of RHEL 5.4 on another system, and was able to use stapitrace
> with no problem there.
>
> Any thoughts on what might be causing this problem?
Can you search the filesystem to make sure there's not any other version
of uprobes hanging around somewhere?
>> If the above is your problem, then I think the best recourse is to
>> rebuild the kernel without uprobes, so that SystemTap's version will get
>> used.
> Jim, thanks for your reply, but this is not really an option for users.
What Jim describes would only be the case if the user was already
compiling a custom kernel with uprobes in it. The RHEL 5.4 kernel does
not have uprobes itself.
What is the kernel version on the problem system?
Josh
More information about the Systemtap
mailing list