[Bug translator/10917] New: environment variable expansion in executable search

foom at fuhm dot net sourceware-bugzilla@sourceware.org
Sun Nov 8 02:07:00 GMT 2009


I'd like to be able to do:
probe process("$INSTALL/lib/libMyStuff.so").function("hello") {}

That is: in addition to doing $PATH finding for the process probe, I'd like it to first expand environment 
variables from the user (the one running stap)'s environment.

At first thought, I'd have $$ to escape a $, and also support "${ENVVARNAME}".

If you think this is a good idea, I should be able to come up with a patch to implement it.

-- 
           Summary: environment variable expansion in executable search
           Product: systemtap
           Version: unspecified
            Status: NEW
          Severity: enhancement
          Priority: P2
         Component: translator
        AssignedTo: systemtap at sources dot redhat dot com
        ReportedBy: foom at fuhm dot net


http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=10917

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.



More information about the Systemtap mailing list