Proposal for small addition to testsuite output

WENJI.HUANG@ORACLE.COM WENJI.HUANG@ORACLE.COM
Sat Sep 1 12:36:00 GMT 2007

> Wenji Huang <wenji.huang@oracle.com> writes:
>
> > According to Kris' proposal, I made a small change to systemtap.exp. [...]
> > +proc get_system_info {} {
>
> This part is OK
>
> > +get_system_info
> > +set logname "$logname\nHost: $Host\nSnapshot: $Snapshot\nDistro: $Distro\n"
>
> I suspect that changing "logname" like this is suspect.  How
> about
> simply computing and printing the new fields in print_systemtap_version,
> which is already defined in testsuite/lib/systemtap.exp.  They
> should be
> changed to log the data too, not just print it to the screen.

Yes, I tried the similar way at the beginning.  But found that this info can't be put on the very top of log file.

Not as Kris' preference.  Don't know it appropriate for auto-test system ?

> - FChE

Thanks,
Wenji