[Bug translator/4066] hist_linear() with large H value crashes system

Mike Mason mmlnx@us.ibm.com
Tue Feb 20 22:14:00 GMT 2007


I should have asked this question in a more general way.  When we find bugs in the cvs version of systemtap, then discover it appears in specific distro releases as well, what's the preferred way of handling it?  I'm thinking we should file several bug reports: one in systemtap bugzilla and one for each distro release in which it appears.  Lots of work, I know, but I can't think of any other way to make sure it's tracked and fixed everywhere.  Can anyone think of a less cumbersome way to achieve the same result?

Mike

Mike Mason wrote:
> Frank,
> 
> Thanks for the quick fix.  This bug appears in the RHEL 4.4, 4.5 and 5.0 
> versions of systemtap.  Have you filed bugs in Red Hat's bugzilla for 
> this?  If not, do you want me to file them on our end and mirror them to 
> Red Hat?
> 
> Thanks,
> Mike
> 
> fche at redhat dot com wrote:
>> ------- Additional Comments From fche at redhat dot com  2007-02-17 
>> 12:28 -------
>> Patch committed.  Thanks to Josh for the quick analysis.
>> This would be an appropriate sort of test to add to the suite coming 
>> for bug #3591.
>>
> 



More information about the Systemtap mailing list