Supported architectures

Li Guanglei guanglei@cn.ibm.com
Tue Nov 14 02:17:00 GMT 2006


Vara Prasad wrote:
> Eugeniy Meshcheryakov wrote:
> 
>> Hello,
>>
>> Currently Debian package for systemtap builds on all release
>> architectures, but I think it is not useful on some of them. So, I am
>> going to drop support of those architectures.
>>
>> I cannot find list of supported architectures in systemtap's source or
>> website, so I'll try to guess.
>>  
>>
> O.K, good feedback we will try to add a section on the web site to 
> indicate supported architectures, thanks.
> 
>> src/runtime contains the following files:
>> stack-x86_64.c
>> stack-ia64.c
>> stack-ppc64.c
>> stack-s390.c
>>  
>>
> We also support regular 32bit x86.
> 
>> Are that all of supported architectures?
> Do you have interest for any other architectures support?
> 
>> Is it possible to use systemtap
>> on 64-bit ppc system with 32-bit userspace (including stap, staprun,
>> lket-b2a ...)?
> I believe one should able to run 32bit user space tools although kernel 
> has support only for 64bit PPC. Guanglei can you confirm if b2a tool 
> works fine if built in 32 bit mode? Ananth/Amit have we tested 32bit 
> user space tools support for systemtap?
> 

lket-b2a will be compiled as 32-bit for 64-bit PPC. I tried to compile 
it in 64-bit mode, and it could work without mysql support. I will 
install a 64-bit mysql-devel package later to check that if it could 
work in 64-bit mode.
s390 requires all tools to be 64-bit mode, right?


- Guanglei



More information about the Systemtap mailing list