Kernel hang with latest snapshot

Li Guanglei guanglei@cn.ibm.com
Tue Oct 17 01:54:00 GMT 2006


Li Guanglei wrote:
> David Boreham wrote:
>> I confirmed that a real machine crashes just as well a the vmware box,
>> but so far I don't have the serial cable hooked up to the machine.
>>  From the output that zipped off the top of the screen , the result
>> looked similar.
>>
>> I will gather some more crash logs and open a bug.
>>
>>
> David,
> 
>   Could you tell me what probe points you turned on? I checked into CVS 
> yesterday some bugfix for scsi and ioscheduler probe points. Basically 
> it's a bad idea to visit members of a struct using pointers in embedded 
> c codes, so I change to visit these members in stap script because the 
> deref will perform runtime checking of invalid pointer access such as 
> null pointers. I use two machine connected with a serial line so that I 
> can capture the full oops text on another machine. I will test it again.
> 
> - Guanglei
> 
Sorry, I didn't see your reply when I was sending this out. I will 
take a look at iosyscall.open.entry, and will check the remaining 
codes of potential invalid pointer access. Thanks.

- Guanglei



More information about the Systemtap mailing list