SystemTAP translator test coverage

William Cohen wcohen@redhat.com
Thu Dec 22 23:16:00 GMT 2005


I have been playing around with the "make gcov" and and lcov from Linux 
Test Project (LTP) to make html pages of test coverage. I have manually 
run this and put a prelimary page on my Red Hat people page.

http://people.redhat.com/wcohen/stap_coverage/

The coverage includes the c++ library files, which are not interesting 
for the testing. The following is the page with the coverage of the stap 
translator coverage:

http://people.redhat.com/wcohen/stap_coverage/src/index.html

There are sections of buildrun.cxx that are not run because the output 
of the translator was not actually compiled as a module or installed in 
the kernel. The translator tests do not exercise the tapsets.cxx code 
either.

Looking at parse.cxx and translate.cxx there are a number of cases where 
there are untested error messages, lines that throw parse_error() or 
semantic_error().


-Will

PS I have put the source source RPM for lcov at:
http://people.redhat.com/wcohen/lcov-1.4-1.src.rpm



More information about the Systemtap mailing list