testsuits on IA64

William Cohen wcohen@redhat.com
Wed Nov 9 19:26:00 GMT 2005


Keshavamurthy Anil S wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 10:07:52AM -0500, William Cohen wrote:
> 
>>Keshavamurthy Anil S wrote:
>>
>>I don't have a ia64 machine handy to try things out on. Could you send 
>>me the output that comes on the console from "stap -v -k 
>>./systemtap.base/kmodule.stp"? I would like to see that error messages 
>>the compiler is producing when it attempts to produce the module.
> 
> 
> Hi Will,
> 	Here goes the output you requested, as mentioned earlier I don't have any problems
> running individual tap scripts manually. It is only when I run runtest I see timeouts.

Hi Anil,

So the kmodule.stp test compiles and runs fine by itself? There was the 
following in the testrun.log:

Running ./systemtap.base/kmodule.exp ...
semantic error: FAIL: ./systemtap.base/kmodule.stp compilation

I assumed that there was a problem with the compilation. So the 
individual tests work when run, e.g. "runtest --tool=systemtap 
./systemtap.base/kmodule.exp"? What do the test results look with the 
newer version of elfutils? Still lots of failures?

-Will



More information about the Systemtap mailing list