Sorry, but... this project is still alive?

Khamis Abuelkomboz khamis2@t-online.de
Thu Apr 11 13:53:00 GMT 2002

well, my logic in adding components and improving SN is based on my
needs. So I added
all the parsers (in sn-extensions) because I had to deal with those
languages, especially the
html parser. the bug fixes camed mostly for the editor, the symbol
browser  and the grep
functionality (the part I work with).

As Irox mentioned, if you run into the need of failed functionality take
for you some
hours and try to add some stuff to SN. I agree, that this is not easy,
but with our
help, you should be able to do some work in this way.

Emilio Riva wrote:

>It's a lot of time that Sorce Navigator development seems to be stopped (no
>new releases, no news): are you still working on it? I've only found a
>SourceForge project to extend the graphic interface...

and some couple of new parsers ..

>There are a lot of little problems with actual release of snavigator:
>Project Editor don't work correctly, the cross-reference functionality
>hangs frequently with big project trees,

For your unluck,  I don't use xref, so there will be no improvment
on xref coming from me.

>it's not easy to extend syntax
>(i.e. like in vim or scintilla text editor)...

Using external editors is possible in SN, it's the question how good :-)
Actually
you can specify for every language type an external editor (did you know
this?)

> And what about adding
>doxygen/javadoc extended comment support?

I don't work with Java. Once I get a project in java I would go and
implement the failed
components (sounds waiting for some years, so don't really wait for this
:-).

>And an easier way to extend user
>menu, configuration tools,...? And a better support for teams of developers
>working on the same project tree and on the same (big) server? I mean, in
>this case the cross reference database should be shared, not duplicated for
>every developer...

It's possible in SN to share the same project (one of the hidden
functionalities in SN). Just open the
project as different user. It's not real project sharing, but something
of DB-like sharing.

>I think that snavigator is a great tool, and I hope you'll find the time to
>continue it's development and optimization.
>
>thank you,
>Emilio Riva

Dipl.-Informatiker
Khamis Abuelkomboz