Upgrading TCL?

Mo DeJong supermo@bayarea.net
Wed Apr 10 11:34:00 GMT 2002

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002 11:18:06 -0700
Chris Tavares <Chris@steptech.com> wrote:

> Has anyone tried to upgrade the copy of TCL shipped with Source Navigator
> 5.0.0? I've run into a couple of things that look like interpreter bugs, and
> I'm thinking that upgrading to the TCL 8.1.1 release might help things
> (considering sourcenav is still shipping with 8.1b1).
>
> Has anyone tried this? Were there any problems? Are there any changes to the
> TCL core done by sourcenav that I'd need to look out for?

Hi Chris

The Tcl 8.3 upgrade is about 97% done and can be checked out of the CVS at any time.
This is the code that will be used for a new 5.1 release (when ready). There should be
very few local changes to the SN Tcl 8.3 codebase except for the build system which
includes a lot of local mods.

cheers
Mo DeJong