Question about the snavigator compliation under win98

Bruce Edson bruce@steptech.com
Mon Mar 18 08:51:00 GMT 2002

Having just run across a similar problem, what we found was that the install
of Cygwin needs to have the default text file type set as 'DOS'.  If you
left it set to 'UNIX', the grep utility works incorrectly when interpreting
eol characters in DOS.

Bruce

-----Original Message-----
From: Wu Fan [mailto:wufan@beijing.sema.slb.com]
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2002 1:46 AM
To: sourcenav@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Question about the snavigator compliation under win98

Dear supporter:

I am trying to compile the source navigator under win98 platform, according
to the readme file, would you mail me the
  rational build instructions.

Actually, I have tried many times under win98, it is always cann't found my
VC6, I have this kind of environment:

c:\cygwin
c:\progra~1\micros~3\vc98
c:\snvaigator

PATH=$PATH:/cygdrive/c/progra~1\micros~3\vc98

During it execute the .../snavigator/source/db/configure
It will report :
"Checking for the Microsoft VC++ ..." no

Any comments is highly appreciated!!

Regards

Wu Fan
Telecom Operations

SchlumbergerSema Asia Pacific
Add:5rd floor, Lido Office Tower, Lido Place,
Jichang Road, Beijing 100004, P.R.C
E-mail: wufan@beijing.sema.slb.com
Tel:  +8610 64376668 ext 675
Fax: +8610 64301538
Website:  www.slb.com

This message will traverse the public Internet in the process
of delivery to its intended recipient on the SEMA network, and
therefore may be intercepted by third parties. This message does
not include any information that is classified as Schlumberger
Confidential or Schlumberger Secret
CODE:XT7084