Debugging under Windows environment

Syd Polk spolk@baritoneconsulting.com
Tue Mar 5 17:45:00 GMT 2002

On Tuesday, March 5, 2002, at 12:06 , Left Spin wrote:

>>> 1. What is the best way to go about debugging the application, and/or
>>> my
>>> changes?
>>>
>>> 2. Do I debug from within Cygwin, or Windows?
>>>

>> Since you have used the Microsoft compiler, using the Visual Studio
>> debugger is the correct way.
>>
>> However, unless you are in the C code, I would use the hyper console
>> interactively to debug your tcl code.
>>

> I'd like more details on how to activate the hyper console. Thanks.

You should be able to run hyper.exe itself. This will bring up a
console. From there, you call the start routine for SN directly.

The unix version has a shell script which does this. I don't remember
the details, but you should be able to find it by looking in
snavigator/unix/snavigator.in.

Or maybe Ian or Mo could tell you.