Debugging under Windows environment

Bruce Edson bruce@steptech.com
Tue Mar 5 12:02:00 GMT 2002

I have successfully built Source Navigator on Windows 2000 under the Cygwin
bash shell.  I am now in the process of making modifications/enhancements to
the application.  I now need to embark on debugging changes and have some
questions.

1. What is the best way to go about debugging the application, and/or my
changes?

2. Do I debug from within Cygwin, or Windows?

3. What tool is best to use, and does it have the typical debug
capabilities? (assuming I can't use MS VC++ Visual Studio)

4. How do I build a debuggable version of the application?

5. Where is there documentation about debugging in this environment?

Thanks in advance!

Bruce Edson
bruce@steptech.com