Headaches building Source Navigator under Windows

Syd Polk jazzman@bayarea.net
Fri Feb 22 13:23:00 GMT 2002

On Friday, February 22, 2002, at 01:07 , Bruce Edson wrote:

> Thanks Ian.
>
> I went to Cygwin site and figured out how to get the rest of the
> utilities.
> So, now I am at the point where the 'configure' as described in the
> readme
> file, breaks with the following errors.  Could you possibly give me some
> direction on them? I've numbered the output for each issue I saw as it
> ran.
>
> Directory tree I'm using:
>
> C:/docume~1/bruce/hpkeck~1/snkeck~1   is where Cygwin and bin utilities
> are
> installed
> C:/docume~1/bruce/hpkeck~1/snkeck~1/source   is where the Source
> Navigator
> source is
> C:/docume~1/bruce/hpkeck~1/snkeck~1/snbuild    is where my build
> directory
> is
>
> I execute the configure from snbuild by invoking the following:
>
> ../sourc/configure --host=i686-pc-cygwin
> --prefix="c:/docume~1/bruce/hpkeck~1/snkeck~1/opt/sourcenav"

Do you mean ../source/configure?

> 1.
> grep: /source/libstdc++-v3/configure.in: No such file or directory

This is probably benign.

> 2.
> configuring in itcl/win
> running /bin/sh ../../../../source/itcl/itcl/win/configure
> --host=i686-pc-cygwin --target=i686-pc-cygwin
> '--prefix=c:/docume~1/bruce/hpkeck~1/snkeck~1/opt/sourcenav'
> --cache-file=../../../config.cache
> --srcdir=../../../../source/itcl/itcl/win
> cd: can't cd to ../../../tcl/win

This is also benign. It tries in two locations.

> 3.
> configuring in itk/win
> running /bin/sh ../../../../source/itcl/itk/win/configure
> --host=i686-pc-cygwin
>  --target=i686-pc-cygwin
> '--prefix=c:/docume~1/bruce/hpkeck~1/snkeck~1/opt/sourc
> enav' --cache-file=../../../config.cache
> --srcdir=../../../../source/itcl/itk/win
> cd: can't cd to ../../../tcl/win
> cd: can't cd to ../../../tk/win

This is also benign.

> 4.
> Configuring libgui...
> checking for working aclocal... missing
> checking for working autoconf... missing
> checking for working automake... missing
> checking for working autoheader... missing
> checking for working makeinfo... missing

This is also benign...

> 5.
> Configuring grep...
> checking for working aclocal... missing
> checking for working autoconf... missing
> checking for working automake... missing
> checking for working autoheader... missing
> checking for working makeinfo... missing

ditto...

> 6.
> Configuring snavigator...
> checking for Tcl configuration script... (cached)
> /snbuild/tcl8.1/unix/tclConfig.sh
> checking for Tk configuration script... (cached)
> /snbuild/tk8.1/unix/tkConfig.sh
> checking for Tcl headers in the source tree... (cached) configure:
> error:
> Can't find any Tcl headers
> Configure in /snbuild/snavigator failed, exiting.

Where is your tcl.h? Do you have a preinstalled tcl/tk? Or did you check
it out with snavigator? The problem here is that it cannot find tcl.h.

> Thanks.
>
> Bruce

Syd Polk
QA and Integration Manager, Mac OS X Development Tools
+1 408 974-0577