Fixing build bustage under VC++

Mo DeJong supermo@bayarea.net
Thu Feb 21 00:08:00 GMT 2002

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002 21:32:12 -0800
Ian Roxborough <irox@redhat.com> wrote:

> > -AC_OUTPUT(Makefile tclConfig.sh tcl.hpj)
> > +AC_OUTPUT(Makefile tclConfig.sh tcl.hpj ../unix/tclConfig.sh)
> >
> > My question is, why would the tcl/win configure script need to generate
> > a tclConfig.sh in the ../unix directory?

> This is because some apps need a pure cygwin/UNIX version of Tcl
> to work correctly.  It was kind of pain to learn that since I'd
> already done the upgrade in source.redhat.com and found a dejagnu
> and friends wouldn't work....

What does that have to do with the win/ subdir and the VC++ build?
I was under the impression that the tcl/cygwin directory was where
this "pure Cygwin" layer was going to live. I took a peek and
it appears there is a tclConfig.sh.in file in there too, so why would you
want to also create one in the ../unix directory? I think it is just plain
wrong to create a ../unix/tclConfig.sh file from the win subdirectory.
For one thing, the @VAR@ variable names are not always the same.
Also, it breaks the macros that load tclConfig.sh. There must be some
other way to solve the problem, it is just that I don't understand what
the problem was.

Mo