SN backend GPL or LGPL? (was: SourceNav release...)

Robert Hartley rhartley@ics.com
Wed Feb 13 09:06:00 GMT 2002

If we did have the back end torn off of SN, would that make everything
that used also GPL?

Can we take SN type GPL code, turn it into a library, and then use it in
an LGPL way?

What if we had some sort of Corba type middle ware that provided a
decent distributed API, without actually linking the code in.  Would any
application that connected to it still be bound by the GPL?

I am trying to find out here if there is any room for commercial
developers to contribute to SN.  It would be a shame to let it all go to
waste.

Thanks,

Robert