Wishlist

Ian Roxborough irox@redhat.com
Thu Jan 31 12:14:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002 15:53:14 +0100 "Nicolas Janin" <nicolas_janin@hotmail.com> wrote:
> My other (less important) wish would be a name completion facility while
> programming, similar to Visual C++ facility: while programming, the editor
> would be able, by pressing a combination of keys, to give a list of symbols
> that completes what you are typing. If it's a class or a struct, and you
> type a "." or "->", a menu appears with the list of the fields and methods
> of the class you can choose from.

There is a sourcenav plugin for symbol completion:
 http://oimanager.de/sn.htm#Text%20completion

> One other wish concerns the integration of a config. management program. It
> would be nice to be able to insert a command line for check in/check
> out,etc, if one doesn't use the programs listed (CVS, SCCS, Clearcase). We
> actually developped an upper layer over Clearcase here, with specific
> comnmands.

Currently this is possible, if in a limited way.  The relavent manual
pages are located here:
http://sources.redhat.com/sourcenav/online-docs/progref/versctrl.html#pgfId-996752

> Lastly, I report a small bug in the Symbol browser that you have probably
> seen already : the fields bar on top of the list is not correctly refreshed
> at first. One has to move one of the column limits to refresh it.

I believe this bug has been fix in the CVS version.
The CVS version is a little broken in some regards and there
is little hope of building it on Windows for a while atleast.

Ian.