Wishlist

Nicolas Janin nicolas_janin@hotmail.com
Thu Jan 31 10:34:00 GMT 2002

Hello !

First, I would like to thank all the developpers at Redhat for having
brought us Source Nav. It's such a wonderful tool !! I use it constantly at
work.

IMHO, the only weak part of this program is the editor, which could be
greatly improved. The best thing for me would be to have Nedit integrated in
Source Nav. Nedit is a very powerful, yet very user friendly editor, and I
think its interface would fit nicely with Source Nav (they have lots of
similarities, besides using the same X libraries).

My other (less important) wish would be a name completion facility while
programming, similar to Visual C++ facility: while programming, the editor
would be able, by pressing a combination of keys, to give a list of symbols
that completes what you are typing. If it's a class or a struct, and you
type a "." or "->", a menu appears with the list of the fields and methods
of the class you can choose from.

One other wish concerns the integration of a config. management program. It
would be nice to be able to insert a command line for check in/check
out,etc, if one doesn't use the programs listed (CVS, SCCS, Clearcase). We
actually developped an upper layer over Clearcase here, with specific
comnmands.

Lastly, I report a small bug in the Symbol browser that you have probably
seen already : the fields bar on top of the list is not correctly refreshed
at first. One has to move one of the column limits to refresh it.

Many thanks again for what you've done so far, and keep up the good job !

Nicolas