SegFault will importing some files from OpenOffice

Kevin B. Hendricks kevin.hendricks@sympatico.ca
Tue Dec 26 14:14:00 GMT 2000

Hi Ben,

Would try the following for me (this fails on my system)

1. Copy those two original files I gave you into some directory (in my case I
used temp/)

2. Then run snavigator and indicate a new project and have it import temp/

This causes a segfault immediately for me.
cbrowser has no problem with this so it must be dbimp that is seg-faulting
which explains why I haven't been able to catch it when running cbrowser!

> Then perhaps the problem is elsewhere (ie. in dbimp).  The children work
> something like this:
>
> 	hyper
> 	`- cbrowser  <=
> 	   |          || pipe
> 	   `- dbimp  <=
>
> cbrowser emits symbol information which `dbimp' imports into the database.

> Yes, or ltrace, if you have it, would be better.

I don't seem to have ltrace but I do think I can get a backtrace using gdb
now that I have a much smaller testcase to play with.

Thanks,

Kevin

---
Kevin B. Hendricks, Associate Professor
Operations and Information Technology
Richard Ivey School of Business, UWO, London ON, CANADA
(519) 661-3874