SegFault will importing some files from OpenOffice

Kevin B. Hendricks kevin.hendricks@sympatico.ca
Tue Dec 26 11:44:00 GMT 2000

Hi Ben,

> Okay, this is not the same error as I reported before, but the following
> (attached) file causes the cbrowser to hang in fread (backtrace inserted
> below).

I found about 3 or 4 files that cause hangs.  Most of them are makefiles of
some sort.  I would guess since I see no hangs under snavigator that these
files are recongnized as non-source related files and that they are not added
to the database of files to process.

By the way, once I remove all of the hanging files, cbrowser processes the
complete list of files with no failures.  However, each and every time I
start up snavigator and have it import the openoffice-613 source tree it will
repeatedly segfault on the exact same files each time.

So there must be something different about how cbrowser is processing the
files when handed to it by hyper /dbimp than when handed to it by cat?

I tried running hyper inside gdb and then setting gdb follow-fork-mode child
but hyper repeatedly forks children to run cbrowser and I simply can't catch
the error (I have to manually attach gdb to each forked process and I can't
simply keep up).

Is there some other way to debug this?  Would an strace -f output help at all?

Thanks,

Kevin

---
Kevin B. Hendricks, Associate Professor
Operations and Information Technology
Richard Ivey School of Business, UWO, London ON, CANADA
(519) 661-3874