SegFault will importing some files from OpenOffice

Ben Elliston bje@redhat.com
Sat Dec 23 16:06:00 GMT 2000

Hi,

   > What do you get if you do this?
   >
   > 	$ echo InstallEnvironment.hpp undgraut.hxx > file.list
   > 	$ gdb install/bin/cbrowser
   > 	(gdb) run -p /bin/cat -y file.list
   >
   > This will enable you to catch any seg faults and examine the stack
   > backtrace, etc. using GDB.

   Unfortunately, this shows no problems or seg-faults (program ended
   normally). So the problem only seems to occur when imported as part of
   the entire openoffice tree.

   Can I do the same thing within gdb on the entire tree?

Yes.  Create your "manifest" by running:

	$ find /path/to/src -type f > file.list

And run again as above.  Good luck!

Ben