help with codefusion install

Eric Christopher echristo@cygnus.com
Fri Dec 8 10:24:00 GMT 2000

"Kirk R. Wythers" wrote:

> I need to set the LD_PRELOAD and LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variables
> on a RH7.0 machine. Installed into the directory /opt/cygnus/...

You'll only need to set LD_PRELOAD if you are mixing versions of glibc,
in particular, 2.0 and 2.1.  Keep in mind that we never tested this on
RH 7.0.

> I want to make sure that I do this right... So could some kind sole clue
> me in as to the correct procedure for setting these environment
> variables?

Depends on the shell.  Using a csh (or similar):

setenv LD_PRELOAD <path>

using an sh (or similar):

export LD_PRELOAD=<path>

There is also a support mailing list for this:

codefusion-support@cygnus.com

-eric