include file problems

Nacho de los Ríos Tormo irios@proin.es
Tue Nov 28 09:52:00 GMT 2000

I am also having this problem on a SuSE 7.0 installation. For example:

I'm trying to call	the library function:

	gettimeofday(struct timeval* tv, struct timezone * tz).

According to man pages, I need

#include <sys/time.h>   (which should expand to /usr/include/sys/time.h)
#include <unistd.h>      (which should expand to /usr/include/unistd.h)

SNav is unable to find the correct files -- which are indeed there.

I have toyed with the project settings include tab, as well as with the build
settings. Depending on the combination, it either finds /usr/include/time.h
(wrong file) or /usr/include/sys/unistd.h (also wrong).

SNav only manages to find the correct files if I include them explicitly in
the project (which calls for a trip to the project editor and to have the
project reparsed). But these files themselves do include a variety of other
files, which in their turn call others.

Trying to manually include all the tree soon leads into confusion and
dispair. And this is just for gettimeofday()! The thought of throwing in some
threads and an ncurses interface sends shivers down my spine.

Any ideas on what is wrong?

--

Nacho de los Ríos Tormo
Procedimientos Integrados S.L.