future plans

Mo DeJong mdejong@cygnus.com
Tue Nov 21 19:50:00 GMT 2000

On Tue, 21 Nov 2000, Timothee Besset wrote:

> At 11:02 AM 11/21/00 -0800, you wrote:
> >On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Timothee Besset wrote:
> >
> > > When can we expect an update to SN?
> >
> >What kind of "update" were you looking for? We are working on
> >getting a snapshot of 5.0 out sometime soon, but that will
> >not even be alpha quality. It would be a "hackers only"
> >pre-release.
> >
> > > The most important feature (imo) would be auto-completion.
> > > Auto-completion of symbols, listing the members when accessing a struct
> > > with -> or .
> >
> >That would be neat. Are you willing to work on implementing
> >this feature?
>
> Wish I had time to do that. I'm on the user side of sourcenav. I could test
> stuff and report bugs but I doubt I would code actual new things. My main
> concern is too see source navigator evolve and possibly in a more open way.
> But I've been told it will happen with 5.0

Testing and bug reporting is really hard, we welcome any help
you could provide.

> TTimo
>
> PS: Source navigator used to be commercial software, at that time I was not
> using linux. Now I am, I could get my boss to pay for a license. Instead
> it's GPL and people tell me to implement stuff myself. heh .. funny

There is another option. If you are interested in a specific
feature, you can negotiate a custom engineering contract with
Red Hat. We are currently involved in a number of custom
contracts with Source-Navigator deliverables.

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc