Solaris 8(Intel) Build

Mo DeJong mdejong@cygnus.com
Sun Nov 19 17:28:00 GMT 2000

On Sun, 19 Nov 2000, c.f. morrison wrote:

> I would like to put on record that Source Navigator builds fine on
> Solaris8/Intel, It does demand using the GNU tar on the source package AND
> gmake (the Solaris make had problems with one of the makefiles). I'm now
> rather happy & thanks to Ben & Eric for their responses.
> cfm
>
> "c.f. morrison" wrote:

As far as I know, having both GNU tar and GNU make is a requirement
for building Source-Navigator on any platform (including Windows).
I just wanted to state that for the record so that nobody else
tries to use the vendor supplied (cough, always broken, cough)
tools to build SN.

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc