Adding Ruby support to Source Navigator

Mo DeJong mdejong@cygnus.com
Sat Nov 11 18:55:00 GMT 2000

On 10 Nov 2000, Dave Thomas wrote:

> I've written a Source Navigator parser, and I'm in the middle of
> writing a highlight parser, for the Ruby language.
>
> What is the recommended way of distributing this? I can see how I can
> ship the parser separately, but unless I'm misunderstanding something
> the highlighter has to be linked in to the product.
>
> Would you folks be interested in adding this Ruby support to the main
> product?

Well, are you going to be around to help keep it working?
I don't know that would have a problem with adding support
for ruby, I just want to make sure we don't end up with
an abandoned parser. I know Ben was thinking about what
changes would be needed to move the syntax highlighter
out of the core, but he would know more about that.

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc