[Fwd: Re: Building on FreeBSD 3.2]

Ben Elliston bje@redhat.com
Fri Nov 10 16:15:00 GMT 2000

Hi Chip,

   turns out, dlopen() in FreeBSD is in libc rather than in its own
   library, so I took the -ldl off of the line in the config script. Now
   it doesn't complain about that when I run configure, but I'm still
   getting the same error when I try to build, and a check of config.log
   reveals a number of similar issues (i.e. trying to link in libraries
   that don't exist in FreeBSD). I'd think that, if this is a standard
   Tcl distribution, it'd be set up to deal with FreeBSD as well as
   Linux, so I'm not quite sure what's going on here.

OK -- let's tackle this from the beginning.  If you configure the entire
tree, what breaks first?  Do you know why?  Can you send more details? I'm
prepared to help you nut through it.

Cheers, Ben