include file problems

Ian Roxborough irox@redhat.com
Sat Oct 28 13:22:00 GMT 2000

Hi,

Merlyn Cousins wrote:
> everything else seems to work but the include stuff.
> Which really gives me problems for obvious reasons.
> as far as double clicking on include files..yes i do that
> and the Prog responds with (file not found) but it's there.
> It seems to do this anytime the syntax of #include <a directory/filename>
> is used.

Where are your system include files?  Source-Navigator
at the moment only knows to look into /usr/include, which
means that it could be miss a lot of things (?).
In the preferences dialog there is an "Includes" tab, this
lets you add more include directories for systems include etc.

(Of course this might be a bug in the parser given #inclucde ""
vs. #include <>)

> also a quick question for you...
> Why do you have to click on the include files to bring them
> into the project?
> this can be a real pain!! shouldn't there be a option of
> some sort that Snav does a recursive search and auto loads
> the #include files?
> I mean if these files were in the directory or a subdirectory
> of the current project and a new project was created, would
> not Snav auto bring them in?  having to double click through
> the tree is a real time waster.

One option could be adding /usr/include or whatever to the
project.  Maybe we need an "include system headers" option
when creating projects.

Ian.